torstai 13. elokuuta 2015

Walkers, Twitter and wait what...?? Virtual Games??

My example of a way to include customers to share and develop the product is Walkers crisps company with their "Do us a flavor" marketing trick, find it HERE (last years ad). The idea is that Walkers lets customers design their own flavor for crisps at their website and the winner flavor will be sold in stores. Also the winner will receive a cash price. To include the customers like this, and give them the chance that "their product" could be sold and also include a cash price is a guaranteed marketing method. This is also a way to listen to the customers and make the most perfect product for them.

Twitter is an excellent way to communicate with other businesses and customers. It is an easy, cheap and fun way of keeping contact. Followers/customers can ask or comment almost anything and the company replies in the same way. Usually specially younger people are more drawn to Twitter when asking, because of its easiness and because it is more fun. Replies are short and have the information needed. No long fancy words, that only professionals understand and it also has the chance of "15 minutes of fame" if you get tweeted a lot. Twitter is still a growing media in Finland, but soon it will be here too. In for example USA and UK it is much more bigger and almost every company can use it in a positive and productive way these days.

I was really shocked to actually read about the Virtual Games in working life.. Myself I have not stumbled on that yet and to be honest I hope I won't. This world is already going way too much towards social media, and working life in virtual games is just too much... That will not feel as work anymore and we will just get more and more outcasts. I really hope I will personally not meet this! :-D

/Nelli

2 kommenttia:

  1. Interesting point of views. I agree with the last paragraph, that Virtual Games are really too much! I hope people will wake up to reality as soon as possible and they will play the role in real life!

    VastaaPoista
  2. I actually didn't know that there were such thing as a "second life" before our school! I actually find it a bit... creepy.

    VastaaPoista