torstai 13. elokuuta 2015

Slide the Youtubegram!

Slideshow

 I found the slideshow site really weird... I di not actually get how to use it and what I was supposed to get from it. Also the fact that I had never heard of ti before made me a little bit skeptical. I do see though that The idea of the site is good, but I think it needs some instructions for new visitors. I also did not find one particularly slideshow about sharing in social media, so I think I failed this point a little bit in the tasks. From my own opinion sharing in social media has become one of the most powerful marketing strategies and it is used by many. Also the fact that social media is often combined with young people, which means fresh ideas for the company.

YouTube video

It is clear to everybody, that the idea of YouTube is to share videos, so I looked up an advertisement for a company on YouTube that I think is one of the best ones done. I chose WestJet airlines Christmas Miracle video that came out around Christmas 2013, you can see it HERE. The AD in it self is really good and gives the customers a great picture of the company and get new customers by that. They show their kind side and that they give back after everything. In the video they surprise their customers with Christmas presents they wish for.
As our culture of social media just keeps going forward and forward a video of this event was absolutely the best way of showing this to the world. Very few companies report from this kind of events in newspapers anymore. More and more pictures and as said, videos are coming up. By sharing a video of this, they reached an even bigger field of potential customers.
A living picture, sounds and feelings are the reason why a video is more liked than for example an article. This is why YouTube is an excellent way of sharing your company.

Instagram

Instagram is a social media site where you can share photos and short (max 15 seconds) videos. For the companies to get the customers to share their posts or "tag" them in their own posts, the most used technique is a competition. Ask the customers to share them or post something about them with some hashtags that will bring them publicity and to get them to do this is to promise them something. Raffle out a winner and give them a price that is also connected to the company products. This way you get many many people to share you in the social media and one to actually use your product.


/Nelli

1 kommentti:

  1. Wow that video by WestJet was amazing! It is always so uplifting to see these kinds of videos - thank you for sharing it! :)

    VastaaPoista