I started just using
twitter - again. I found this #likeagirl. At first I didn't even realize it was
from a company! Allways has this campaign to chance "like a girl" to
positive meaning instead of something to say to insult. As a feminist and social
media junkie I think it's brilliant idea! As a woman I can relate to their
campaign and I have used their products like most of the women.
Because topic is
relatable and you get your tweets maybe even shared by the company many users
tell their stories. It's empowering and I would like to give high five the
genius who thought about this. They also have video where little girls talk
about this. It's so darn cute! Kids and puppies are allways good choice because
they are cute and internet loves cute things.
Twitter marketing is
also well designed for companies. You have worth to your money. I think social
media is great for small businesses and organisations to be seen. Because they
don't need to use that much money on it they can keep growing!
I have no experience
in virtual worlds or games. Well… In games maybe if we count me yelling at the
screen while playing Assassin creed in internet but that wasn't anything else
but fun. I prefer face to face meetings and skype calls are the furthest I could
go. I think it's important to see others face and really hear their voice.
Sometimes just writing doesn't go deep enough and some people have hard time
expressing themselves thru written word.
My computer wasn't
having the game in it's system so I used youtube instead to see what kind of
worlds would they have. I watched the Louvre videos of museum. I think I won't
be interested in this "game". I love art and I see that someone has made
amazing job but… I prefer the real thing. I'm not really finding this form of
social media interesting at all and would let it be.
-Sini
I agree with you about the virtual worlds not being the same as the real thing. I think it could work for example for teaching kids about the Louvre and the students could "visit it", but I don't think even that wouldn't be OK because Second Life isn't really an appropriate place for children. :) On another note, I have seen a video of the Like a girl campaign and I agree it is great! We need people that aim to change the world! Especially because it is so easy to get lost in the everyday life and forget that there are things that are not OK the way they are now. Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjJQBjWYDTs
VastaaPoista