torstai 18. kesäkuuta 2015

Sharing Tools in Social Media


Slideshare in marketing purposes

Slideshare is a web site where for example companies and schools can share educational materials. Our assignment was to find out how to use social media sharing sites for marketing. I found out that LinkedIn has its own channel in Slideshare called LinkedIn Pulse. They share videos and slideshows like “How to Reinvent Your Work and Never Get Stuck” and “Everything You Need to Know About Quitting Your Job”. Of course they have also slideshows like “Why LinkedIn is the Best Place to Publish”. At the same time they are publishing useful information about working life they are also marketing their own company. 

EDIT: I just realised after reading other’s posts that I understood the assignment wrong and wrote this from another point of view. The assignment was to read from Slideshare about using social media sharing sites in marketing, not about marketing in Slideshare. So here’s little about the actual topic: Because Instagram was not so familiar to me I decided to look for a guide about it and found several. This was one of them: How to use Instagram for business. One of the “steps” was to learn from big brands how they do marketing in Instagram and I found it useful and interesting. Big brands use for example high quality photos and they post photos about lifestyle rather than their products all the time and they communicate with the customers in different ways.

YouTube

I chose Adidas as a good example of a company using YouTube. Their company message goes: “We give everything we've got, then go back for more. No doubts, no holding back, no giving in. From the court to the catwalk, the stadium to the street; whatever the game, we play the same way: Heart over head. Inclusion over ego. United by passion, we go all in.” I watched one of their videos called Adidas Climachill: Uncontrol Yourself. I think that video reflects really well their message. I watched other videos from their channel too and they are all share same kind of features so I think their videos reflect well their company.

Instagram

I chose Instagram as a third example of a sharing tool in social media. I don’t use Instagram at least at the moment but I decided to choose that still because I wanted to get to know it better. I selected Coca-Cola because that is one of the most known brands in the world. I looked at their Instagram and explored the hashtags about Coca-Cola.  Especially #shareacoke is really popular and their whole campaign Share a Coke is really famous. Instagram users have shared pictures of Coca-Cola bottles with their name on it and have written things like “I finally found my own name” or they have tagged their friends.
I think what motivates customers are clever and funny campaigns and basically just things that they like. Some people like also taking part to competitions to win something.

- Jenna

6 kommenttia:

  1. I have to say that Adidas' company message is really great! The video was also pretty cool, liked all the slow - motion effects and the mood of it. :)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. I'm glad that you found them great and cool too! :)

      Poista
  2. I liked the Adidas video a lot! They shot it well and it didn't feel too much like a commercial. Thanks for sharing :)

    VastaaPoista
  3. I will continue this line: standing ovation to Adidas!!

    I have to say the company message of theirs is very big, passionate and even heroic, something admirable. Even when reading it, you feel breathing faster! This is something that speaks to customers, much more than traditional ads.

    And in the video, same rhetoric ways were used, successfully. I loved how there was stories told, the simplicity, the high effects, the real feeling.. Wau!! :)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who felt like that about Adidas! :)

      Poista