I read the
learning materials and sight: almost every book I read about facebook is made
to the “noobs”. I started using facebook way back. Then the companies were rare
and now I follow so many that I have lost my way. One thing that I have noticed
thru it all is: if you don’t make good posts no one will notice you. If it’s
not inviting to participate no one will. Plus if you keep on posting same thing
I will unfollow you!
I took my example
from my family: HelsiTar is my aunts business. She uses it to reach her
customers and for cheap marketing. She has a lot of pictures where her users
wear the products. She has no “models” wearing them but people who are active
dog owners who are her target group. She posts her sales, new products on
facebook. She uses more pictures than text so that it’s easy to notice. She has
gone up and understood that for a small business facebook is good way to meet
your customers.
Linkedin is
my new hobby. In business academy we
have these things called: “treenit” where we teach each other twice a week
about things that we are interested in. I have told about linkedin. I use it
regularly but haven’t used it for a job hunt yet. I think I will though, it
seems to be easy way to show: I have done this and people can tell that I am
good at…
Linkedin
and facebook are good tools if you know how to use them. It is also good to
remember who are those people you are writing for and what is their difference.
If I see a cat video in linkedin feed I will feel shame.
-Sini O
I agree with you about unfollowing! I myself at least unfollow really easily: if the posts are not interesting for me or useful then there is no use to follow.
VastaaPoista