I think the most important
thing for a company to remember when using Facebook is engaging with people. As
it was said many times in Dan Zarrella and Alison Zarrella’s “The Facebook
Marketing Book” companies should engage and encourage people to engage.
Companies need to publish content that make people participate but companies
should also participate themselves. I think the worst thing is not to answer to
customer’s questions and comments. Communicating should be two-way and
conversational.
I think Ben & Jerry’s is a
good example of using Facebook well as a marketing tool. Their Facebook page
has over 7,7 million likes and the same page works both internationally and locally
which means that in Finland we can see the posts in Finnish and they are
different than seen internationally. This is a bit confusing but on the other
hand it’s understandable because we have different selection of products here than for
example in the US. I could see their international page when I was logged off and
it had a lot of interesting content too.
But I think Ben & Jerry’s
is still a good example of engaging people. They answer to many comments (at
least here in Finland) even though the comments didn’t contain any questions. They
post about their products, doing Fairtrade, serving ideas etc. I think the best
thing on their page are the pictures that delight your news feed. They don’t post so often,
only couple times a week. In “The Facebook Marketing Book” it was said that
companies should consider posting once a day as a minimum but to me this could
be too much and I’m one of those customers that might “unlike” a page if there’s
too much content posted on my newsfeed. And it probably wouldn't even be a good idea to eat ice cream everyday - right?
- Jenna
I couldn't help but nod all the way to the end, everything you wrote is so true! :D I've seen so many companies fail over and over again to engage with the customers during this course - it is great that you found one that actually is doing it right! And thanks for including that adorable photo, it managed to make my day so much better than it already is! :D
VastaaPoista