sunnuntai 26. heinäkuuta 2015

AM Customer participation, twitter and second life

Customer participation in Marketing of Starbucks

There are a lot of examples about companies which let customers to participate in their marketing by reviewing or even developing their products or services.

Since I am already quite familiar with Starbucks, I chose to stick with it. In 2008 they launched My Starbuck Idea and its main task was to take suggestions and to generate conversation as to how the company should go about improving itself: "Share. Vote. Discuss. See." The Starbucks loyalists got activated quickly on the site and even now it's active. So far, there are more than 98 000 ideas that have been submitted to the site and over hundreds of ideas have been adopted. (Lähde)

About Twitter

Companies and organizations can use Twitter for communication and marketing in multiple ways. Though, this social media tool differs from FB for instance. Twitter is more strict, you can't post as long texts and posts and the whole idea is way faster: few words and the hashtags, you can't need more!

I wanted to look at the Twitter behavior of Tuomas Enbuske who is a famous Finnish radio and TV host as well as a reporter and a active media person. Enbuske uses Twitter basically to inform his followers and create conversations, give people a reason to think about what really matters. And turn out people are actually been activated this way: they participate in the conversation, mark it as favorite or even re-tweet it!

When Enbuske's show is on season either in tv or radio, he's promoting about it in Twitter but for now he just sticks with politics mainly and every now and then with some more entertaining ideas. Enbuske has powerful opinions and is not afraid to say them out loud, hard and aggressive without a doubt. He has for instance said: "Rukoilu tai homeopatia ei paranna minkäänlaisia tauteja. Osa taudeista paranee itsestään, vaikka ei tekisi mitään. " He basically says how ineffective praying and homeopathy is.

Virtual world

I don't really have any experience of virtual world or even games. After introducing myself to a further knowledge, I think that there could be many hidden possibilities in this kind of working life communication. I however don't quite know how this works in practice. I would love to try it myself and have a meeting or even to study in virtual world because it sounds like a modern way to work and nowadays you have to be or it's better if you're willing to try out new ideas.

-Azma




2 kommenttia:

  1. I think Starbucks is a really good example of customer participation and overall of using social media successfully :)

    VastaaPoista
  2. I think so too! During this course I have getting more and more familiar with Starbucks and its marketing and social media strategy. I have to say, it's modern, effective and interesting. Maybe I should follow Starbucks too! :)

    VastaaPoista