tiistai 26. toukokuuta 2015

My Use Of Social Media


I will tell a bit about my social media history first.
I´ve started using social media through mIRC program when I was about 12-13 years old. mIRC was an amazing innovation that came on the public PC´s desktops near some old games, My Computer and Recycle Bin. I learned how to use it so I begin to chat with people. I was so amazed what an easy way to get to know new people. So little by little the technology has advanced and appeared more social web programs like Yahoo Messenger, hi5…, but my roots in social media are starting from mIRC.
Nowadays I´m using social web pages like Facebook and LinkedIn, and applications like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger. I will try to talk about Facebook and to share some reasons why I do what I do.
Facebook I use since 2007 and in that time I was quite active till 2011. I´ve uploaded many pictures and videos and I´ve posted and comment a lot. I´ve started to be more and more interested in what people uploads and shares. There has started a “competition” who gets more Likes to own pictures and I had amazing fillings when I got over 100 Likes. I´ve started to upload more pictures and share thoughts that I had or I liked to share. But all of this until an certain point when I realized that some people doesn´t get so many Likes, other are commenting negatively to their pictures and posts, ore someone is publishing some embarrassing picture about some friend. People started to get funny and well known by pushing other people down and tried to get better picture about themselves through laughing about others and making fun. Another problem what I realized was when I saw people publishing pictures from where they travelled, about what they bought or inherited, pictures through which they started to get more proud of themselves. Others seeing this, started to be jealous, to hate and to try to protect their Ego. So because of these problems, I realized that Facebook can be a very good communication and business tool, but also bad on the other way. So I try to have a decent profile which will inspire seriosity and I will try to be careful what I´m posting and uploading, remembering that what I do is almost public. So my use of it is to communicate, to see information about others and keep contact with friends and family.
In my private I use social media to communicate with friends and to see pictures and information about them. In studying life, I use it in almost the same way: to communicate and do school stuff faster.
Usually my social media use takes about two hours a day. During this time I check my profile, I update it if needs, I just look what other posted or I communicate with friends. When I feel that I use too much time (over 30 min) just on looking other posts, I feel so bad because that time is lost (excepting when I learn something). But anyway I try to use my time as productive as possible and to loose less. Social media can easily still time! Try to gain just what you need.

Thanks,
Gabriel

 

1 kommentti:

  1. That is a really interesting point! and really true. I have noticed kind of the same in myself. Few years ago I posted a lot on facebook! Statuses, pictures and everything. These days I do not post that much, but still activly use it :) Great text!

    VastaaPoista